18-day Expedition to the Amazon Rainforest
Expedition ship: Fram
15% Savings. From $4,839* pp
March 13, 2017
cruiseNORWAY recommends: Hurtigruten Voyages
This is an amazing expedition that combines tropical beaches and metropolitan city life with excursions into the Amazon rainforest. We embark in Montevideo in Uruguay and travel north along the coastline of Brazil. We sail up the Amazon River to Manaus, giving you a great opportunity to really get to know the country and its unique and impressive tropical nature and rich history. While we are sailing along the Brazilian coastline, we will explore the rainforest, beaches, and endless rivers. Windsurfing and fishing are both popular activities and there are excellent opportunities for rock climbing and hiking. In addition, you will have plenty of time to explore some of the cities, which as great museums, UNESCO World Heritage sites, diverse architecture, the seductive sound of Bahian music, and the exotic and inviting scent and taste of the African-influenced food. As we sail up the Amazon River, you will have the chance to explore the Amazon rainforest. Learn more about the ecology, go birdwatching, and see the unique wildlife on hikes or from a canoe. The mix of jaw-dropping nature, friendly people, interesting culture, and fascinating lectures makes this expedition truly mesmerizing.
Your Voyage Price Includes:
- Hurtigruten expedition voyage in the cabin category of your choice on a full board basis (daily buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, and set or buffet dinner)
- One overnight hotel stay in Montevideo, including breakfast, before the voyage
- Transfer from the hotel to the ship in Montevideo, including an orientation tour
- Wind- and water-resistant jacket (yours to keep)
- Landings and activities on board and ashore
- Professional English-speaking expedition team that gives lectures and accompanies landings and activities
- Complimentary tea and coffee
About the MS Fram
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram honors the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology and making her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in polar regions.
Our Expeditions Suites are the most exquisite cabins on the ship. Situated on upper deck, you can enjoy the most comfortable suites on board. Inside you will find seating areas with TV, bathrooms with shower/wc and most of them have double beds. All of the suites offer cabin kits, which contains bathrobe, slippers and other beauty articles. Some of the suites do have more facilities than others.
Relaxation and comfort are the hallmarks of our Arctic Superior cabins. Situated on both upper and middle deck, they all have bathrooms with shower and WC. They are also equipped with tea and coffee -making facilities. Most of them have separate beds, where one doubles as a sofa, and some have double beds. All the cabins have individual specifications.
Our cosy Polar Inside cabins can be found on all decks. All cabins include bathrooms with shower/WC. Most of the cabins have separate beds where one doubles as a sofa, while some are equipped with a double bed or upper and lower berths. All the cabins have individual specifications.
Our Polar Outside cabins are situated mostly on middle or lower deck and all have bathrooms with shower/WC. Some have double beds, others offer separate beds (where one is a sofa bed) or upper and lower berths. All the cabins have individual specifications.
* 50% off promotion reflects pricing of two guests sharing a cabin, with one guest at full price and the second guest at a savings up to 50% of the voyage-only price. All prices listed are per person, double occupancy, in USD, in an inside cabin, unless otherwise specified, and valid for new FIT bookings. Prices are subject to change to change without notice. This offer can be combined with the Ambassador discount for past passengers and the Child discount. Offer is not combinable with Canada discount.