Refurbishment in November 2018
The single largest upgrade project in Hurtigruten’s history will see MS Richard With emerge as a brand-new ship when she returns to sail the Norwegian Coast on December 6, 2018.
The major upgrade of MS Richard With—which will operate Hurtigruten’s legendary Bergen to Kirkenes voyage—will see a number of new features added to the ship:
- All staterooms and suites will be fully upgraded to match Hurtigruten’s new standards. On Deck 6, several cabins will be turned into 14 larger suites, some with bay windows and all with spectacular views.
- In addition to a full makeover, Torget main restaurant will be fitted with large deck-to-ceiling windows.
- The Brygga Bistro will be replaced by a brand-new Activity Center, which will serve as the onboard headquarters for our expedition team members.
- Kysten—our fine dining restaurant which serves innovative dishes based on high quality local produce, such as ultra-fresh seafood—is getting redesigned and will be open for á la carte lunch and dinner.
- The gym will be expanded, the sauna upgraded, and two outdoor hot tubs will be added.
- Two new lecture halls will be added on Deck 4, in conjunction with the open Kompass Reception area, where guests can enjoy exclusive offers on outdoor clothing and other items.
- On Deck 7, the informal Multe Bakery—serving freshly baked cakes and pastries, smoothies, premium coffee, and more will be added.
- The Explorer Lounge and Panorama Bar will offer a unique atmosphere and the best views on the ship—with front-row seats for enjoying the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, wildlife, and nature as it passes by.
MS Richard With has its own Expedition Team, and serves as a university-at-sea. Interesting lectures, presentations, and activities inside—as well as out on the ship’s sun deck—make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in. The Expedition Team hosts both a lecture and presentation program and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture, and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of “friluftsliv,” and encourage you take part in “friluftsliv” hikes and activities during the cruise.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage.
- Expedition Team
- Sun deck
- Large panorama and observation lounges with great views
- Separate à la carte restaurant
- Fitness room and sauna
- Conference facilities
Parking Spaces On Board
Please note the following dimensions for vehicles:
- Max Length: 640 cm/ 21 ft
- Max Width: 240 cm/ 7.9 ft
- Max Height: 240 cm/ 7.9 ft
- Max Weight: 5000 kg/ 11,023 lbs