- Sail to the high Arctic archipelago of Svalbard under the midnight sun in search of polar bears hunting along the pack ice
- Zodiac cruise along the towering cliffs of Bear Island that rise straight from the sea and are home to tens of thousands of raucous seabirds
- On Senja Island visit pristine Ånderdalen National Park to search for reindeer, elk, red foxes, and more
- Explore the lovely fjords of Sørøya by Zodiac and kayak, and hike on shore
- Experience the beauty and majesty of the Arctic aboard National Geographic Endurance, a state-of-the-art expedition ship purpose-built for exploring the polar regions
DATES / RATES
|Jun 13, 2024
|Jun 25, 2024
|Jun 14, 2025
|Jun 26, 2025
// Rates are listed per person in USD
|Jun 13, 2024
|Jun 25, 2024
|Jun 14, 2025
|Jun 26, 2025
Arrive in Oslo, and transfer to our centrally located hotel. After lunch, our introduction to Norway begins with a tour of Oslo, including a visit the Fram Museum, dedicated to the wooden ship sailed by Norwegian pole explorers such as Nansen and Amundsen. This evening, join your fellow travelers for a welcome cocktail reception, followed by dinner.
Oslo / Longyearbyen / Embark Ship
Depart Oslo on a charter flight and enjoy breathtaking vistas over icy fjords and the Barents Sea enroute to Longyearbyen. On arrival to this Arctic outpost, explore the world's northernmost settlement, which has morphed from a coal mining hub to a base for exploration and science in recent history. Witness daily life and delve into this history before embarking National Geographic Endurance or National Geographic Resolution.
We operate in true expedition style, letting nature dictate our
day-to-day movements within an immense Arctic wonderland. Our fully
stabilized, ice-class expedition ship probes deep into the ice where
the polar bears forage, walrus sun themselves, and the Svalbard
reindeer roam. Join our spotters on the Bridge as we scan the floes and
islands for these iconic creatures, along with bearded and ringed
seals; Arctic fox; and whales that call these waters home, like beluga,
fin, and minke. There’s no greater thrill than a sighting
that brings everyone rushing to the bow or Bridge for a close-up view.
Sail deep into protected bays and fjords, where even a novice kayaker
can comfortably paddle surrounded by sparkling bergs and dramatic
mountains. Video from our Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) allows you to
peer into the mysterious world that exists 1,000 feet below us during
Recaps with our multi-talented field staff.
Bear Island (Bjørnøya)
Sitting at the confluence of the Norwegian and Barents Seas, Bear
Island is ironically known as a birdwatcher's paradise. The island also
houses one remote meteorological station. With conditions
permitting, enjoy a Zodiac cruise around the southernmost member of the
Svalbard archipelago and revel at the bird cliffs, home to countless
thousands of fulmars, kittiwakes, and guillemots.
Sørøya and Senja Islands
Off Norway`s coast, two of its largest islands offer stunning
landscapes, challenging and rewarding hikes, and protected fjords to
explore. The mountainous island of Sørøya, known
for its scenic bays, pristine nature reserves, and large populations of
skrei, or cod, welcomes us to its shores as we make our way south from
Bear Island. After exploring this gateway to Finnmark, Norway`s
northernmost county, we head south to Senja Island. Capture panoramic
landscapes along your certified photo instructor, glide amongst islands
in a kayak, or explore village streets and shops as we get to know
Norway`s second-largest island.
Tromsø / Disembark Ship / Oslo
Disembark in Tromsø, known as the “gateway to the
Arctic” for the numerous Arctic expeditions that originated
here. Explore this charming coastal city, then board our charter flight
to Oslo, where we will check in to our airport hotel for the night and
enjoy dinner together.
Oslo / Home
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your return flight home.
Meals Included: Breakfast
National Geographic Endurance (Luxury Expedition, 138-guests)
The first new polar build in Lindblad's 50-year history, National Geographic Endurance is named to honor explorer Ernest Shackleton and his legendary Transantarctic Expedition.
A fully-stabilized vessel of the highest ice class (PC5 Category A), she will enable adventurous guests to go where few have or can. National Geographic Endurance's most striking exterior feature is her distinctive profile, the patented X-Bow®, a game-changing design that guarantees the smoothest, most comfortable ride in all kinds of conditions; and since it eliminates bow impact, a quieter ride, as well.
(Click image to view Ship details)
Pricing Does Not Include
- Excursions, hotels, and airport transfers, as indicated in the itinerary
- Selection of exploration tools curated to your destination, such as Zodiacs and glass-bottom boats, stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, snorkeling equipment (including wetsuits, masks, and fins), and other state-of-the-art gear
- Guidance and company of our leading expedition staff
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary, both aboard and onshore. Meals are inspired by regional cuisine and locally sourced where possible.
- Hors d’oeuvres inspired by regional cuisine and locally sourced where possible
- 24-hour access to snacks, premium coffees and teas, non-alcoholic beverages, and filtered water
- Beer, wine, cocktails, and spirits aboard the National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Resolution, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, National Geographic Endeavour II, National Geographic Islander II, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Lord of the Glens, and The Jahan. We are also pleased to offer a selection of super premium wines and liquors, available for purchase.
- Beer and wine on all 2023 departures aboard National Geographic Venture, National Geographic Quest, National Geographic Sea Bird, and National Geographic Sea Lion, and specialty cocktails with meals aboard Delfin ll. Starting in 2024, spirits and cocktails are also included aboard these ships, with super premium wines and liquors available for purchase.
- Beer and wine with meals aboard Oberoi Philae and Sun Goddess. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Crew gratuities aboard National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Resolution, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Lord of the Glens, Oberoi Philae, Sun Goddess, and The Jahan.
- Laundry services aboard Oberoi Philae and Sun Goddess.
- Free Wi-Fi aboard Lord of the Glens and The Jahan.
- Free Wi-Fi, up to one hour a day per person, aboard National Geographic Islander II and National Geographic Endeavour II
- Lindblad Expeditions is currently activating Starlink-enabled internet on each of our ships, enabling us to offer free Wi-Fi—in addition to paid tiers for faster internet speeds—to all of our guests fleetwide by the end of 2023.
- Presentations on your destination by expedition staff and expert guest speakers
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- The services of a physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, or paramedic
- Morning stretch classes and 24-hour access to exercise equipment where available
- 24-hour access to lounges, observation decks, library stocked with regionally relevant literature, and other shared spaces
- Complimentary Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic parka or jacket on select Arctic and Antarctic voyages
- Assistance by the onboard National Geographic Photography Expert (National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, National Geographic Resolution) and Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic certified photo instructor (all ships)
- Access to the OM System Photo Gear Locker with the latest gear to try out on loan (all Lindblad-National Geographic ships except in Galapagos)
- Park and site entrance fees, special access permits, and port taxes
Unused services or items included in our programs are non-refundable.
- Airfare (except flights when indicated as included), pre- and post-expedition extensions, additional hotel nights, and private transfers
- Travel protection plans and passport, visa, and immigration fees
- Laundry, spa treatments, scuba diving, Wi-Fi, and phone services (except when indicated as included)
- Crew gratuities aboard National Geographic Endeavour II, National Geographic Islander II, National Geographic Venture, National Geographic Quest, National Geographic Sea Bird, National Geographic Sea Lion, and Delfin II