- Be among the few travelers to sail the region at this time of year, exploring aboard the supremely comfortable National Geographic Resolution, whose polar-class capabilities allow her to navigate these icy waters
- Experience pristine snow and ice conditions during the early season in Svalbard
- Search for adult male polar bears in their natural habitat, the sea ice
- Walk on the frozen sea in the Arctic, an adventure only possible in early spring
- Capture the astonishing springtime light with our expert photographers on hand to provide instruction
DATES / RATES
|Apr 29, 2025
|May 08, 2025
|May 06, 2025
|May 15, 2025
// Rates are listed per person in USD
|Apr 29, 2025
|May 08, 2025
|May 06, 2025
|May 15, 2025
Arrive in Oslo and transfer to our centrally located hotel. Our introduction to Norway begins with an afternoon tour of Oslo, including a visit the Fram Museum, dedicated to the wooden ship sailed by Norwegian pole explorers such as Nansen and Amundsen. This evening, join your fellow travelers for a welcome cocktail reception, followed by dinner.
Oslo / Longyearbyen / Embark Ship
Depart Oslo on a charter flight and enjoy breathtaking vistas enroute to Longyearbyen. On arrival, explore this northern outpost and research center, including the expansive views of the icy fjord and surrounding mountain ranges. Embark the National Geographic Resolution, our base of exploration for the coming six days.
By design, our travel in the archipelago is truly exploratory and our exact day-to-day movements will remain flexible, depending on local conditions. Our main focus will be to explore and absorb the stunning early-season ice and dynamic landscapes each day under near-ideal light for photography. Like the icons of this icy realm—the walrus and the polar bear—our movements will be in reaction to the frozen seas and the shifting currents as we search for the creatures who thrive in this wintry wilderness. The polar bears will be returning to the spring ice floes where the seals are pupping, and our experienced staff will be on constant lookout for wildlife sightings. We will use our agile Zodiac fleet to cruise among the small ice floes and icebergs and maybe even set foot on the frozen ocean (only possible in the early season). The Arctic light at this time of year is exceptional and ever-changing and we will have the rare opportunity to witness it; we will chase the light with a National Geographic photography expert guiding us to assist in capturing the best photographs.
Longyearbyen / Disembark Ship / Oslo
Disembark in Longyearbyen and soak in the atmosphere of this exploration outpost once again before transferring to the airport. Fly back to Oslo and overnight at the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel. The next day, walk across the street to the airport for flights home. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided on Day 9; breakfast is provided on Day 10.
National Geographic Resolution (Luxury Expedition, 138-guests)
National Geographic Resolution, is named to honor the second voyage of the legendary Captain James Cook. A fully-stabilized vessel of the highest ice class (PC5 Category A), she will enable adventurous guests to go where few have or can. National Geographic Resolution's most striking exterior feature is her distinctive profile, the patented X-Bow®, a game-changing design that guarantees the smoothest, most comfortable ride in all kinds of conditions; and since it eliminates bow impact, a quieter ride, as well.
(Click image to view Ship details)
Pricing Does Not Include
- Excursions, hotels, and airport transfers, as indicated in the itinerary
- Selection of exploration tools curated to your destination, such as Zodiacs and glass-bottom boats, stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, snorkeling equipment (including wetsuits, masks, and fins), and other state-of-the-art gear
- Guidance and company of our leading expedition staff
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary, both aboard and onshore. Meals are inspired by regional cuisine and locally sourced where possible.
- Hors d’oeuvres inspired by regional cuisine and locally sourced where possible
- 24-hour access to snacks, premium coffees and teas, non-alcoholic beverages, and filtered water
- Beer, wine, cocktails, and spirits aboard the National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Resolution, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, National Geographic Endeavour II, National Geographic Islander II, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Lord of the Glens, and The Jahan. We are also pleased to offer a selection of super premium wines and liquors, available for purchase.
- Beer and wine on all 2023 departures aboard National Geographic Venture, National Geographic Quest, National Geographic Sea Bird, and National Geographic Sea Lion, and specialty cocktails with meals aboard Delfin ll. Starting in 2024, spirits and cocktails are also included aboard these ships, with super premium wines and liquors available for purchase.
- Beer and wine with meals aboard Oberoi Philae and Sun Goddess. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Crew gratuities aboard National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Resolution, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Lord of the Glens, Oberoi Philae, Sun Goddess, and The Jahan.
- Laundry services aboard Oberoi Philae and Sun Goddess.
- Free Wi-Fi aboard Lord of the Glens and The Jahan.
- Free Wi-Fi, up to one hour a day per person, aboard National Geographic Islander II and National Geographic Endeavour II
- Lindblad Expeditions is currently activating Starlink-enabled internet on each of our ships, enabling us to offer free Wi-Fi—in addition to paid tiers for faster internet speeds—to all of our guests fleetwide by the end of 2023.
- Presentations on your destination by expedition staff and expert guest speakers
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- The services of a physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, or paramedic
- Morning stretch classes and 24-hour access to exercise equipment where available
- 24-hour access to lounges, observation decks, library stocked with regionally relevant literature, and other shared spaces
- Complimentary Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic parka or jacket on select Arctic and Antarctic voyages
- Assistance by the onboard National Geographic Photography Expert (National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, National Geographic Resolution) and Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic certified photo instructor (all ships)
- Access to the OM System Photo Gear Locker with the latest gear to try out on loan (all Lindblad-National Geographic ships except in Galapagos)
- Park and site entrance fees, special access permits, and port taxes
Unused services or items included in our programs are non-refundable.
- Airfare (except flights when indicated as included), pre- and post-expedition extensions, additional hotel nights, and private transfers
- Travel protection plans and passport, visa, and immigration fees
- Laundry, spa treatments, scuba diving, Wi-Fi, and phone services (except when indicated as included)
- Crew gratuities aboard National Geographic Endeavour II, National Geographic Islander II, National Geographic Venture, National Geographic Quest, National Geographic Sea Bird, National Geographic Sea Lion, and Delfin II